Good Evening Everyone!
As many of you know there are a number of #edchats that take place on Twitter where people with shared interest areas in education can chat about topics facing them in the classroom. These #edchats take place during set times and everyone can join!
With West Warwick being the first school district in Rhode Island to be fully K-12 1:1 (yay us!!) and seeing the massive amount of tech and information out there, we thought it would be great to start our very own #edchat that focuses solely on WWPS and our unique perspective and issues.
We invite you to join us this Wednesday evening at 8 PM for the very first #wwpschat!!
So how do you join? It's easy-
- First you need to be on Twitter signed in at 8PM tomorrow night
- Then you simply search for #wwpschat
- We will do a quick roll call so that everyone can see who is chatting- this is simply a Tweet where you say who you are, what you teach and use #wwpschat
- Questions will be posted by the moderator and you can share your input and see others input!
- The Questions will be in the form of Q1: Q2: ETC. When you answer you will format your answer with A1: A2: etc
- Every question, answer and comment should contain the hashtag #wwpschat so it will show in our feed.
***A helpful tip is to open TweetDeck (already preloaded on our handy dandy Chromebooks) and add a column for #wwpschat so that every message that contains that hashtag will show automatically without you having to refresh.***
This is our first Twitter Chat and we want to have as much participation as possible so if you can join, contribute or even just lurk- please do! We know we will have growing pains and just like everything we've done with the new technology- THAT'S OK!!!
The topic for our inaugural #wwpschat is "Phew, we made it through year one. Now where do we go??"
We look forward to seeing you on Twitter tomorrow night at 8 PM!!!