Ms. Silvestri began teaching at West Warwick High School in 2008. Prior to teaching, I was an X-ray Technologist and Financial Coordinator at Women & Infants Hospital. I feel that my life experiences and passion for science allows me to make connections to the content in which I am teaching.
My educational background is:
- CCRI Associates Degree in Applied Science Radiographer
- URI Bachelor of Science Degree Human Services & Family Studies (Recipient of the Alan Shawn Feinstein Scholarship Program).
- Providence College Teacher's Certification Program
- RIDE Certification Secondary Education in Biology & General Science
Organizations I participate in:
- ARISE: Brown University Inquiry- Based Teaching
- NetworkingRI: Brown University Teacher Collaboration (Lesson plans,IEP, Numeracy,Literacy).
- RITES: RIC/URI Technology in Science Classroom
- STEPS: Literacy in the Content Area
- RISTA: RI Science Teachers Association
- NSTA: National Science Teachers Association
- SIT Team: School Improvement Team at WWHS
- Literacy Team: Literacy Team at WWHS