"Do you believe in Magic?" We've got "Magic to do!" We are "Wizard Magic!"
Here is the new look!! Great fun and great experience. You guys were awesome!!!
The WWHS Show Choir is now called "Wizard Magic".
Chorale Portfolio by Jessica.
"WIZARD MAGIC" and Deering take Florida!
Student Rules and Information
Baystate Show Choir Festival & Workshop
2006 Date TBA
(Please read very carefully)
1. NO violation of local laws and rules. Students involved in disciplinary action will be sent home at parent’s expense. Further consequences may result upon return.
2. All participants must attend all scheduled events and activities together.
3. Everyone will be required to attend all scheduled lunches & dinners. You must eat in order to keep up with the rigorous schedule.
4. Smoking Policy. There will be absolutely NO SMOKING by students, anywhere or at any time to, from or during this trip. Thank you.
5. Each chaperone will be responsible for a selected group of students. Disrespect toward chaperones will not be tolerated and will be grounds for disciplinary action. Any adult accompanying WWHS on this trip is deemed a chaperone and deserving of your utmost respect. Courtesy and respect are expected.
6. Proper etiquette, decorum and common courtesy are expected at all times. Your individual behavior reflects on your self, school, town and show choir. Consequently, anyone who embarrasses and reflects a bad image will fall victim to further disciplinary action. This especially goes for those who love to “chit-chat” during individual presentations or other group performances. Remember, you will be watched all weekend by workshop officials, so, let’s show them what WWHS is all about.
7. Displays of affection are not in order on this trip. No time for that!
8. Uniform bags: Each student will be responsible for their own uniform bags with proper labeling (name, address & phone number). Be sure to include all performance essentials. Check the packing list for essentials and necessities.
9. No CD players/radios are allowed unless you have a headset. Only bring a portable radio or CD/MP3 player. You are responsible for all your own equipment of this sort. Please do not use this equipment while in the school.
10. The bus company and workshop officials are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please keep all valuables in a safe place if at all possible. Large sums of money are not required at this venue, however, chaperones are willing to hold your funds. Please have money in a labeled envelop if chaperones are holding it for you.
11. Students must acquire permission to leave their assigned area. You must adhere to the rules of the school (Oliver Ames HS), especially while school is in session (when we first arrive)
12. No unauthorized sight-seeing or shopping trips will be permitted!!!
13. Spending money will be needed for two (2) meals; $5.00 for lunch on Saturday, dinners and $5.00 for dinner (pizza) on Saturday. I have not heard of official photos being taken but you should be prepared, orders may be taken if it becomes available. A video of the event is probable at this point. However, no price has been given. Event t-shirts will be available for $15.00.
14. Everyone attending must have the proper release forms and permission slips signed and returned to Mr. Hopkins by: ASAP. Please see and sign attached forms and permission slips and return immediately.
15. Students must have all teachers signed permission slips giving approval and acknowledgement of your upcoming absences from classes. It is the students’ responsibility to make up all work missed.
16. If anyone takes prescription medicine or has a medical problem, please inform Mr. Hopkins in writing. Any medical allergies should be reported/listed. You can print this information directly on the release form. Also, your health insurance number should be listed in case of an emergency. All participants, however, must fill out this form.
17. Please supply Mr. Hopkins with any emergency information including a phone number.
18. Cell phones are not recommended due to roaming charges. No students will be allowed to be on the phone during any rehearsal or performance time. Some cell phones interfere with recording and transmitter equipment that is likely to be used during the weekend.
19. It is recommended to bring some form of ID with you in case of emergency or need for positive ID. School ID card or drivers license will be sufficient.
20. If you have any questions or concerns at any time, please do not hesitate to call Mr. Hopkins at school 821-6596 X 111 or at home 828-0333. You can also e-mail me at Wizardchorus1@cox.net or BrHopkins@westwarwickpublicschools.com. Thank you for your cooperation.
21. Those who will be picking up students on Friday and Saturday evening will be called via the phone tree upon our departure from Oliver Ames High School in North Easton, Massachusetts.