Parent's Right to Know
Title I Schools in West Warwick:
- John F. Horgan Elementary School
- Wakefield Hills Elementary School
Your right to know the qualifications of teachers and paraprofessionals (ESSA, Sec. 1112(e)(1)(A) ):
Parents of each student attending a Title I school may request, and the West Warwick Public Schools will provide the parents on request, information regarding the professional qualifications of the student's classroom teachers, including, at a minimum, the following:
- Whether the teacher has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.
- The baccalaureate degree major of the teacher and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree.
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
Parental Notification of Teachers Who Do Not Meet State Certification or Licensure Requirements (ESSA, Sec. 1112(e)(1)(B) ):
West Warwick will notify parents of any child in a Title I school if their child has been taught for 4 or more consecutive weeks by a teacher who does not meet state certification or licensure requirements.