Our goal is to support families and students by
providing available resources
to help meet their individual needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Improve communication between administration, educators, students, and parents.
- Encourage a greater understanding of the unique learning needs of students with disabilities.
- Provide useful information, strategies, and resources for parents seeking support for their child.
- Inform parents of up to date special education regulations, procedures, and their rights.
- Advocate for the overall well being and inclusion of students with special needs.
- Pairing schools and families to achieve student success.
Meetings and Membership:
The West Warwick Special Education Local Advisory Committee organizes at least four meetings throughout the year and welcomes all parents to attend. These meetings will provide helpful information for families of students with special needs and give families a chance to share their voice. Meeting dates and topics are as followed:
- Info Night 9-20-17 @ Quinn from 5:30 to 7:30pm
- ASD Workshop 11-28-17 @WWHS from 6:00 - 7:30pm
- Regional Transition Night @ DMS from 6:00 - 7:30pm
- Summer Resource Night
6-5-18 @ WW Public Library
from 5:00 - 7:00pm
The committee is composed of members from the school community who are dedicated to the education of children with disabilities, including school administration, educators, parents, and individuals with disabilities.